Client: Sydney Metro Authority
Involvement since 2011 for the planning, design, construction and operational readiness of the $8.3 Billion Sydney Metro Northwest project – formerly known as the North West Rail Link. Project details can be found here.
Planning Approvals (partner with AECOM) 2011 – 2013 – Project Director managing a team of over 120 people from AECOM, ARUP, Aurecon, PlanCom Consulting, Eco Logical Australia, Godden Mackay Logan and Elton Consulting. The planning approvals involved:
- Two Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) for state significant infrastructure; one for major civil construction and another for stations, rail infrastructure and systems
- Submissions reports and preferred infrastructure reports in response to submissions during the public exhibition of the two EISs
- Referral under the Commonwealth Environmental Protection Biodiversity and Conservation Act for endangered ecological communities and threatened species.
- Interface with Transport for NSW and contractors for design (architects and engineers), construction and delivery, traffic and transport, noise and vibration, property, business case, sustainability, master planning and communications.
- Consulting with statutory agency and local council, stakeholders and community, and
- Regular resource and budget reporting and document preparation, management and quality control.
Consultation Manager Protocols and Training 2011 – 2012 – PlanCom established the protocols and trained the team in Consultation Manager which is used to manage and report all stakeholder communications.
Planning Approvals for the Epping to Chatswood Rail Link Conversion (Partner with Parson Brinckerhoff now WSP) 2013 – 2014 – Project Director for the Review of Environmental Factors under Part 5 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 for assessment of construction activities for the Sydney Metro Northwest.
Planning, Environment & Sustainability Services – Operations Trains & Systems Implementation Group through Hill International (McLachlan Lister) now HKA 2014 – 2019 – This is a $A3.7 billion public private partnership (PPP) being delivered by North West Rapid Transit Consortium (NRT) – comprising MTR Corporation, Leighton Contractors (CPB Contractors), John Holland, UGL Rail Services and Plenary Group. PlanCom’s role has been complex and collaborative contract management on behalf of Transport for New South Wales (Sydney Metro). The focus is
- Successful delivery of all planning, environmental and sustainability deed obligations and the conditions.
- Management of seven planning approvals and a Commonwealth Government Referral.
- Interface with joint venture contractors, Sydney Metro personnel and Environment Representatives.